cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge on CUCM 11

Baiju Mehta
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to setup barge on a shared line.  We are running Call Manager 11.  It appears as though the field of Single Button Barge has been removed on 11 under phone configuration.  I checked on 10.5 system and the option is there, but on my 11 system it is not.  Is there a new way to setup barge on 11.

When I searched the admin guide for 11 and 11.5 there was no barge options.

Thank You

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The info is there, I just searched "communications manager + barge" on cisco.com and these are the top two links:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_FE5123E0_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1101/CUCM_BK_FE5123E0_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1101_chapter_0100011.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115_chapter_0100101.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you enabled the barge policy from the service parameters:

Built In Bridge Enable—Default specifies Off. This parameter enables or disables the built-in conference bridge capability for phones that use the barge softkey. Set this parameter for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and barge is configured.If Built in Bridge is set to On in Phone Configuration, the service parameter setting gets overridden.

Privacy Setting—Default specifies True. This parameter enables or disables the privacy feature for phone users who do not want to display information on shared-line appearances. Set this parameter for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and privacy is configured.If only certain phones need the privacy feature, set the service parameter to False and set the Privacy field to On in Phone Configuration.

Single button barge/cBarge Policy—Default specifies Off. This parameter enables or disables the single button barge/cBarge feature for phone users who want to use the barge or cBarge feature by simply pressing the line button. Set this parameter for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and privacy is configured.

Party Entrance Tone—Default specifies False. This parameter enables or disables the tones that play during barge. Set this parameter for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and barge (with tones) is configured.

Also the barge/cbarge key should be available only in remote in use. Also note 88XX series might not support barge, You can check the supported phones under:

1.       Login to "Cisco Unified Reporting"

2.       Select "Unified CM Phone Feature List"

3.       On "Product" select all on "Feature" select "Single Button Barge" and hit submit

4.       It will show you the list of phone that support that feature.

Aseem

Hi, I just checked under CUCM 11.x barge feature is only compatible with CP79xx and IP Communicator. Is this right?

Does anyone know if there is any other solution/alternative for new models of Cisco Phone that does the same or similar as Barge feature?

??? Barge works fine on the 78XX and 88XX, I've done tests with Barge on those models and had no problems.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

can you tell us how you got this setup in cucm 10.5 with phones 8851 and 8845 cause it is not working for me either!  

Do we have to upload special firmware to enable that, cause when I ran the report as well, it shows it is only supported on 79XX and on 8831 phones only.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: