Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic SRST For remote site with 50 users

awadmohammad5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are moving around 50 to 60 users in new building in the same city i would like to register those users with our HQ CUCM cluster (11.x version) over the 10 MB MPLS link

my concern is if the WAN link goes down all the phones will get disconnected as there is no backup configured.

for this i would like to configure Basic SRST at the new building just for fallback and provide internal calling facility untill the WAN links comes back.

Awad Mohammad
4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SRST or CME can do this. 

what you need to think about though is, if a site has a downed WAN link and you need to fall back to cme or srst do you have ISDNs locally to make and reeive pstn calls?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,
Thanks For your reply, we dont have it yet its going to be a complete new setup but initially i would like to go without PSTN for local calls when it fallback to SRST.

i just want to ensure that when the WAN link goes down the users should able to make internal calls atleast.
for this what SRST config i need to do ?
Awad Mohammad

SRST configuration guide covers the configuration for SCCP and SIP devices, have you reviewed it?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

For internal calls you won't need anything special other than enable the IOS for SRST. Review the SRST admin guide like Jaime pointed out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: