Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Voice QOS config example

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Voice gurus,

I'm in the process of setting up voice qos on our core switch that handles are routing. It is a cisco WS-C4507R with System image file is "bootflash:cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA1.bin". All uplink and downlink interfaces are a Gigabit. Our 4 IDFs plug into this same switch.

I'm looking for a easiest basic configuration for handling voice traffic. Does any one have a configuration that they have used in the past and would be willing to share?

Thanks in advanced....

Dan

4 Replies 4

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

QOS is a very complex subject.

You should start by looking at this SRND in the section for 4500 switches.

You need to know the card/module types etc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND_40/QoSCampus_40.html#wp1099634

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I suppose you need only 2 or more vlans. voice and data. or voice and data1, data2, data3.

more detail depends on the exact scheme

Hello....correct We have just one Data Vlan (192.168.14.0 /23) and two voice vlans10.14.50.0 /23 and 10.14.52.0 /23.

Both L3 interfaces for voice subnets are on the same 4507. We have a second campus a few miles from are main campus that has a 4507 as well. They are connected via fiber and are also connected via trunks ( not a routed link). Currently we do not route but, plan to in the near future thus the reason for the second voice vlan. I felt it would be an easier transition when we do convert that into a routed link.

thnaks,

Dan

I suppose

if the traffic on fiber trunk ports does not exceed 50% of port speed then you do not need to do something

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: