cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

basic voice

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! What's the advantage of having 2x PRI ports? Is there any limitation of concurrent call in 1 PRI port? Is it 30 concurrent call or depend on the line that we are subscribing to? What are the type of line available and different between these lines?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ok

Advantage of having 2 pri is more channels redundancy as well also it depends how big ur network is and how many channels u need

The limitation of using 1 pri for in and out calls again depends on the size if ur network if it's quickly over utilized the you might need another pri but using in and out in the same pri with right number of pri and channels based on the network need has no issue !

Pri are two types mainly in isdn

E1 which gives you 30 channels

And t1 gives you 23 channels

Depending on ur region you can know which one u can use

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

hi! Thanks for the reply, the 30 channels here (E1), does that means 30 concurrents call session? or is it outgoing 30 concurrent calls + 30 concurrent incoming calls, thus total 60 calls?

Those are 30 DS0s. One DS0 = 1 call. You get 30 calls per E1.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi! Does that mean if i've a site with 100 users and i want to ensure that the system can cover >=60% concurrent call of that 100 users, i will need at least 2 PRI interface in my mediaGW with subscription of 2x E1 ISDN lines? Is my concept correct?

What's the next higher capacity interface after PRI? What happen if i've a site with 1000 users? I will need xx number of PRI interface with xx number of E1 ISDN lines?

Thanks.

You might also look into SIP trunks if you want more capacity.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate