cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

1349
Views
0
Helpful
9
Replies
Beginner

BAT configuration import fails after CUCM upgrade from 10.0 to 10.5

Hi!

 

I have imported some number of UDP configuration via "Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Import" function in CUCM 10.0 version, and that passes OK (I have manually created .csv file with full UDP details and pack it back to tar file).

 

Now, we have done in place upgrade from 10.0 to 10.5 CUCM, and for some irrelevant (for this problem) reason we have to delete that UDPs and import them back.

To import them back to CUCM, now I have to again to Import allready uploaded .tar file...but now import fails with error  "IP SERVICE :: Error : -1" for every UDP.

So Cisco, what do you change in import function???  There is no change in source .tar file containing UDPs...only change CUCM 10.0 to 10.5!!

 

And another thing...I tried to do export of other UDPs that exists to look if you change some field name..and than I notice that export of IP services is done to wrong fields, starting with "Speed Dial Number 23" instead of  "Service Name 1".

 

 

Everyone's tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Rising star

Hi shreljac, Sometime after a

Hi shreljac,

 

Sometime after a upgrade some new field are added to some service feature, in your case UDP. Maybe that's why you're not able to import a old version .tar file. 

I would recommend you to create a manual UDP file, then export the UDP created and manually populate the information of every UDP user and upload the file.

 

Regards

__________________________________________________
Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
LinkedIn Profile: do.linkedin.com/in/leosalcie
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leo,yes, thanks for tip. I

Hi Leo,

yes, thanks for tip. I have expanded UDP with new fields, but import still fails, now with error:

"Service Name is required when Subscribed Service values are mentioned."

Don't get it what is wrong now.

 

And as I also said before, you cannot do export and import back configuration because exported csv file is not in valid format....and that is obviously Cisco bug that is not resolved for a long time.

 

If you do export and than import of the same exported file, on same CUCM version...this SHOULD work. This looks like one developer team works on export function and another on import function...and they never talk to each other. Great job Cisco...

 

Beginner

Hi shreljacI have exactly the

Hi shreljac

I have exactly the same issue. Do you have a solution to solve this Problem?

Beginner

Yes...get rid of CUCM and

Yes...get rid of CUCM and migrate to some other vendor VoIP solution.

VIP Advisor

I take it that is why you are

Not very constructive

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Beginner

Well, I'm very frustrated

Well, I'm very frustrated with this because not only that this scenario not working OK, but also there are some other bugs at bulk export/import (like hunt pilot) that makes configuration totally messy and that is discovered weeks after importing and putting system in production. To be precise, hunt pilot forward setting are not importing as it should be...so if you have few hundreds of hunt pilots....total mess.

VIP Advisor

I would reverse engineer this

I would reverse engineer this. Export an existing, working user device profile from 10.5, using all details. this should show you what columns need to be populated. populated this export with the 10.0 information and import it back in. I have used a similar approach before

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Beginner

Hi DennisI Need it on CUCM 10

Hi Dennis

I Need it on CUCM 10.5 and not on CUCM 10.0. It doesn't work even if I make an Export and Import with same tar file on the CUCM 10.5.

I think it is this BUG:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut44137

 

Regards

 

Beginner

Re: BAT configuration import fails after CUCM upgrade from 10.0 to 10.5

We are migrating from Lync to Jabber.  I have a PowerShell script that does it all and produces a file for the BAT upload, but it doesnt work for everyone.  XML files produced work just fine

 

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here