cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT import/export between versions

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to export phones out of CM 8.6 and import them into version 12.5. There are fields that are not compatible between the two systems and the import keeps failing. Is there a tool or template that can strip out the invalid fields in the old version csv file?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this requires manual manipulation. Get an export from 12.5, compare with the 8.x export and adjust as necessary.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, this is a pain but I have removed most of the fields and the import fails with this message.

DEVICE-LINE Association :: Error : Check constraint (informix.cc_devicenumplanmap_callinfodisplaymask) failed.

This only occurs when I include the DN for the phone during the import. This DN does exist on a separate device in the new call manager.

Ok, so it is trying to create another DN when I include it in the import with the same number. Is there a way to just associate a current DN to line 1 on a phone during import?

If you're configuration isn't too complex then I would suggest using BAT "Insert Phones" on the new cluster, creating suitable templates and device defaults etc beforehand.  Then the BAT files only need the information that varies from phone to phone.

Thanks for the info Tony! Is there a way based on a template to only import fields in the template? When I export out of 8.6 then I have to manually remove 100's of columns.

If you look under "Bulk Administration / Phones / Export Phones" there's an option to only export specific details based on a template.  I must admit I haven't created customer templates, but I'm confident it will be pretty similar to other BAT file formats.  Have a look at the built in examples.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: