Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Import/Export to change Partition for Routing Patterns

luis.rosello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using the Import/Export utility in BAT to change the partition on a large number of route patterns, but instead of just updating the existing route patterns, it's duplicating them.  I understand there may not be a unique ID for route patterns, and because same route patterns in different partition are an acceptable configuration, the system does not complain.  But is there a way to avoid adding the partition, and instead just udate the partition field only?  Thanx!

4 Replies 4

Not using Import/Export. You need to use AXL for that.

Hi Mohammed,

I'm not a programmer, looked into AXL, seems great, but not something I can pickup in next day or so.  Is there a guide that explains how to use it for my specific purpose that you can reference?  Any guides or info on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If AXL is not looking like an option for you, you could try SQL on the CLI of the Publisher.

In this example, we're updating all 600X patterns in the Old-PT partition, to be in the New-PT partition.

run sql update numplan set fkroutepartition = (select pkid from routepartition where name = 'New-PT') where fkroutepartition = (select pkid from routepartition where name = 'Old-PT') and dnorpattern matches '600[0-9]'

Hi I have a list of Routte Patterns that i,d like to update his partitions to a new partition.

Example: Change all of this from Old Partition to a New Partition.

00[^0][^0].912121XXXX
00[^0][^0].912122XXXX
00[^0][^0].912123XXXX
00[^0][^0].912125XXXX
00[^0][^0].912126XXXX

How can we manage this?

Regards

Fernando Penteado

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: