cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT.XLT

f.kirstein
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to use the BAT.XLT file to populate a MCCP VG224 gateway. The BAT.XLT file I have doesn't support this. We're running BAT 5.1(4R). Basically, the MAC address for each gateway port is 15 characters and BAT only allows 12. Is there a more recent version of BAT.XLT that I can download that would work with this version of BAT?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

You won't love this one :(

The version of BAT you are using does not support adding the VG224 :(

CSCeg88823

Symptom:

BAT does not support adding VG224 ports in bulk

Conditions:

This is for all version of BAT and all current version of Callmanager 3.x, 4.x, 5.x up until 6.0.1

Here is an example of what the .csv does look like in BAT 6.0.1 for the VG224

The following sample format shows the required field length and string types followed by sample of CSV files for a Cisco VG224 gateway.

MGCP Domain Name(Mandatory, 1 to 64 characters),Description(Optional, up to 100 characters),Slot(Mandatory, up to 3 numerals), Subunit (Mandatory, up to 3 numerals), Port Number(Mandatory, up to 3 numerals), Port Description Optional, up to 50 characters),Port Directory Number(Optional, up to 24 numerals and special characters)

Sample

MGCPTest,VG224 Lab Gateway,2,0,0,Port 0,97255576601

MGCPTest,VG224 Lab Gateway,2,0,1,Port 1,97255572001

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Bulk Administration Guide 6.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t18csvap.html#wpxref17978

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob. With a bunch of dorm rooms all running analog via the VG224, this is indeed sad news. Maybe I can leverage it to justify an upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: