cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE-3000 SIP trunk Problem

Ahmed Awida
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem with cisco bussiness edition 3000 version 8.6.4 .We have in our company 2801 gateway which is configured for CUBE and route the calls from cucm cluster to ITSP. The calls are routed fine from CUCM to the ITSP through CUBE and we can reach PSTN numbers.

I set up trunk in BE 3000 to cucm cluster and it's working but the sip trunk that i set up to the CUBE so i can route calls to the pstn doesn't work at all.

I used special connection group that points to the sip trunk to the 2801 and another connection group that points to the sip trunk to the cucm.

I can't use the default connection group cause i can't edit the route patters.

Does any one  know why the sip trunk to CUBE doesn't work ,why i am getting a busy signal always?

Just note that we contacted Cisco and they said that the version of BE 3000 that we have does not need any connection pack for the sip trunk to work ?

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the call get to the CUBE? You can enable

debug ccsip messages

Send us the output of the debug. Include calling and called number

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for your  quick reply. Now i vpn from my home to my office. i am using now cisco ip communicator and the debug shows nothing even i tried a call to cucm cluster which works but shows nothing.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you telnet into the cube gateway? If you did you need yo use the command "term mon" to see output of the debug.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Sorry but i have this router configured by other admin and the screen was full by logging messages about access list matching packet so i had to issue the command  no logging monitor to stop this annoying messages.after this i issued do terminal monitor and the debug ccsip but also nothing is appearing and by the way the access list is permiting the ip address of the itsp

OK...Perhaps the gateway has been configured to send logs to the buffer...The last command no loggin monitor will disable sending logs to the monitor so you wont see anything with term mon..Do this

show loggin

Let me know if you see anything..

can you a lso send your sh run

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I apperciate the help so much. I did logging buffered and logging monitor and do terminal monitor and the debug ccsip but nothing still appears.I am sorry i am new in the company and i don't know if the company policy allowing me to share the running configs.May be you say to me what exactly you need to know.?

If you cant see any output on then its either you are on the wrong gateway or you have configured the wrong things..This is why we need to see the config..

Can you do another test and do the ff debug

debug voip ccapi inout

Do you see any output..if you do send it.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

There is only one gateway in the company to the itsp.the debug shows nothing which is really strange even when i call phones in cucm cluster which has sip trunk in the bussiness edition.i can ping the itsp address from the source address of the gateway (192.168.98.1/24) and the be 3000 address  192.168.98.254.

I don't know really what is happening. Do you think it could be wrong configuration on the be 3000?

I create a pstn device which i choosed sip trunk for it i gave it ip address of the 192.168,98.1.i put it in connection group that has only the gateway  choosen. i created custom route patterns ,added the route patterns and point them to the connection group that includes the gw.Also the cucm cluster use this cube and call routes normally.

here are the images for the be 3000

We need to see the config on your CUBE..Why are you not seeing any debugs on the CUBE? We need to see the traffic going through in or out of the CUBE.