Views
Helpful
Replies

Be4k extensions/phones

raid_t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Looking at BE4k documents it says it supports maximum 200 phones or 200 extensions at any time.

Q1: If there is a phone with a Key Expansion Module that has 5 buttons configured as Extensions...would that take out 6 extensions in total from the pool of 200?

Q2: If the buttons are configured as speed-dial buttons then those doesn't take extensions fron the pool of 200?

Can someone shed some light here?

Thanks in advance!

Ton.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ton

I grant you, there is no limit for extensions or it will be very much higher than the supported devices. Even the limit of the supported devices is a recommendation, meaning if you have more than those 200 devices the system might have some performance issues in some situations.

The limit of those 200 users is related to the devices and the voicemail boxes you can have. So in example it will be possible, that you have 220 users, 180 devices and 200 voicemailboxes.

The meaning of the limitations in the datasheet is, that every user has 1 phone with one extension and 1 mailbox, but it will be okay, if you have some phones with more than 1 extension.

Conclusion:

I recommend you, that you don't oversubscribe the 200 devices (phones, gateways, cti ports, cti route points, analog ports) and that you don't oversubscribe the 200 voicemailboxes.

Regards

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

Don't know where you saw, that the BE4K only supports 200 extensions. In the data sheet you see, that it supports up to 200 devices (phones, gateways, ata). https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-4000/datasheet-c78-738497.html

Hope this helps

Peter

Hi Ton

This is just the limit when you import the extensions in bulk.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

An extension is a number tied to a user/phone. If there are 200 users max, it means 200 extensions/phones are supported.

The case with a single phone that has expansion module it can have those extra buttons configured as extensions that would reduce the number from the 200.

That's my thought here.
Ton.

Hello Ton

I grant you, there is no limit for extensions or it will be very much higher than the supported devices. Even the limit of the supported devices is a recommendation, meaning if you have more than those 200 devices the system might have some performance issues in some situations.

The limit of those 200 users is related to the devices and the voicemail boxes you can have. So in example it will be possible, that you have 220 users, 180 devices and 200 voicemailboxes.

The meaning of the limitations in the datasheet is, that every user has 1 phone with one extension and 1 mailbox, but it will be okay, if you have some phones with more than 1 extension.

Conclusion:

I recommend you, that you don't oversubscribe the 200 devices (phones, gateways, cti ports, cti route points, analog ports) and that you don't oversubscribe the 200 voicemailboxes.

Regards

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: