cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE5K Version 7 (CUCM/Unity one server) brain teaser - CUCM Users do not Sync to Unity

Problem statement - Several CUCM users do not have Voice Mail.   

For reasons that we cant understand, several users inside of CUCM do not import to Unity and therefor do not have VM.   Stare and compare can find no User record or Device differences.  All users are AD participants.  We just can't get these users, or their extensions to show up in Unity?  All users have a primary extension assigned, voice mail profile and there is no difference in the configuration of these users with any working users.  They just do not show up in Unity when you go TOOLS, IMPORT USERS.   

4 Replies 4

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

Look under System Settings -> LDAP 

You'll able to see the active directory configuration there and find out if something is missing. 

These is nothing wrong with AD.  New users show up in CUCM, but they do not show up in Unity.  This older BE5K solution had Unity and CUCM share the same server IP, different admin interfaces but one IP on one server.  You get users into Unity by Giving your CUCM user a primary extension and then syncing.   We sync, but no user shows up in Unity.  Does not impact everyone, just a select few.  Check licensing and that all seems just fine.  Stare and compare, but unable to see a difference in users!

Oh sorry, I've barely worked with the 5k.

I think you're hitting this bug - https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtd50758

thank you for your follow up.    What I did to solve this issue was to recreate the user with a new AD record.  That fixed it.  Clearly this is an old out of date product, but it still out there in the installed base and folks need repair from time to time.  Thanks for you effort.