Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000S - Quick Licensing question

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

since HW support for the UC560 is ending soon we are going to migrate this fall to a BE6000S. I received a quote from our distributor back in February which now got update due to price / USD/EUR exchange-rate changes.

We requested a quote on a BE6000S (4xBRI) with 36 months smartnet hardware support. 

Additionally we are going to purchase the 35 UWL license starter bundle. The quote back in February listed those three positions. 

However the updated quote now additionally adds 35 SWSS UPGRADES BE6000 UCM v11 CUWL for a period of 12 or 36 months. The price is 2 to 4 times (depending on the period) the price of the UWL starter pack - thus being a significant amount of the quote total. My contact at the distributor was not able to explain what those 35 SWSS UPGRADES are and why they are need. He also could not answer what would happen if we opt for the 12 months? Will the 35 UWL stop working after 12 months or what is going on there?

Maybe someone can clarify the nature of those SWSS UPGRADES and can confirm/explain the hefty price-tag.

regards,

Fabian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Fabian,

Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) provides you with the following:

● Rapid problem resolution with 24-hour global access to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
● Registered access to Cisco.com for powerful online troubleshooting tools and support information (Cisco TAC Case Collection, Software Bug Toolkit, and Product Alert Tool)
● Proactive Smart Call Home capability alerts customers and Cisco TAC to potential problems before they occur.
● Ongoing software updates and major software version upgrades within the licensed feature set.

A minimum of one year SWSS cover is required for each new or migration license purchased for a BE6000 solution. 

SWSS for BE6000 Unified Communications User Licenses provides support and upgrades for the following applications:
● Cisco Unified Communications Manager
● Cisco Instant Messaging and Presence Server
● Cisco Unity Connection
● Cisco Expressway-C and Expressway-E
● Cisco Jabber desktop and mobile clients
● Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning Standard Edition
● Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance Standard Edition
● Cisco Paging Server Basic Edition

For more information please refer to the following link: http://www.cisco.com/go/swss

Regards,

Shashank

View solution in original post

Hi Fabian,

If you plan to upgrade your CUCM to version 12.x in future then you need to have an active SWSS coverage in order to get the upgrade software via PUT and get the licenses migrated to 12.x.

Any contract that is not renewed after 30 days of its end of coverage date will have an expired status, and reinstatement fees will be applied.

Regards,

Shashank

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fabian, open a PreSales case and that should be the most suitable channel to get the answers you are looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/partners/support-help/presales-helpline.html

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

I can't open a presales case as my company is not a partner but an end-customer. Maybe someone in here can point me in the right direction.

regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) provides you with the following:

● Rapid problem resolution with 24-hour global access to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
● Registered access to Cisco.com for powerful online troubleshooting tools and support information (Cisco TAC Case Collection, Software Bug Toolkit, and Product Alert Tool)
● Proactive Smart Call Home capability alerts customers and Cisco TAC to potential problems before they occur.
● Ongoing software updates and major software version upgrades within the licensed feature set.

A minimum of one year SWSS cover is required for each new or migration license purchased for a BE6000 solution. 

SWSS for BE6000 Unified Communications User Licenses provides support and upgrades for the following applications:
● Cisco Unified Communications Manager
● Cisco Instant Messaging and Presence Server
● Cisco Unity Connection
● Cisco Expressway-C and Expressway-E
● Cisco Jabber desktop and mobile clients
● Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning Standard Edition
● Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance Standard Edition
● Cisco Paging Server Basic Edition

For more information please refer to the following link: http://www.cisco.com/go/swss

Regards,

Shashank

Hi Shashank,

thanks for your reply! So basically if want to upgrade my CUCM to let's say 12.0 sometimes in the future I need all my UWL licenses under SWSS cover to have them migrated to the next major version. 

What would happen if I purchase 1 year of SWSS and would like to update to a newer major release in let's say 4 years? Would I buy in 4 years another year of SWSS or would I need to also cover the gap of 2 years?

regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

If you plan to upgrade your CUCM to version 12.x in future then you need to have an active SWSS coverage in order to get the upgrade software via PUT and get the licenses migrated to 12.x.

Any contract that is not renewed after 30 days of its end of coverage date will have an expired status, and reinstatement fees will be applied.

Regards,

Shashank