Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6K node redundancy with 3rd party HW

Peter Fiers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

this question was frequently discussed in the past, but there may be new sights onto it.

CUCM FAQ states:

Can I cluster my CUCM BE6K??

Yes, the first server MUST be a Cisco 6K server, all other servers can be UC on UCS TRC / specs-based, or 3rd party specs-based. You can go up to 8 SUBs + 1 PUB, but NEVER beyond the limitations (users / devices) of the 6K solution.

First question:

Do I understand it right that I may install/transfer a UCM subscriber on 3rd party HW when I initially had a BE6K install AND call it BE6K afterwards AND it will be supported by Cisco?

Second question:

If above is true, what about UCCX? May I transfer the UCCX VM that's part of the BE6K install (no HA with UCCX) to the 3rd party HW, and still call the whole thing BE6K?

Thanks

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

For first question, correct. Adding a sub on a third party hardware and staying within the specs / limits of BE6K solution will ensure that the BE6K hosting the Pub is still called a BE6K.

Regarding second question, if you install UCCX on a separate hardware then it does not affect the existing BE6K that is hosting other apps.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

For first question, correct. Adding a sub on a third party hardware and staying within the specs / limits of BE6K solution will ensure that the BE6K hosting the Pub is still called a BE6K.

Regarding second question, if you install UCCX on a separate hardware then it does not affect the existing BE6K that is hosting other apps.

HTH

Manish

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I concur with Manish here, in addition in order to host Cisco UC applications on 3rd party hardware you need to meet the UC on UCS Spec based requirements as documented here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware#.22Can_I_use_this_server.3F.22

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: