Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6KS as voice gateway

ahmad_tamneh
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

Can I use the BE6Ks as voice gateway only, the UC applications will be moved to another server?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If u are referring to BE6000S[2921V] , it can be used as a Voice Gateway  which has a VWIC3-MFT-T1/E1 card with PVDM3.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

AS per Cisco @Jaime Valencia:

"From a technical perspective, there should be no problem, however, I've seen BU limitations on that in the past, for example, the UC500 series which you could use as an H323 GW, but the BU determined that would not be supported by Cisco. I'd suggest you reach out to your SE so he can confirm with the BE team if that would be supported, as it's sold as a UC appliance, and not a voice GW"

Thanks, Jaime.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

B6k can't be a voice gateway. Its call control unit. Voice Gateway should
run on IOS/IOS-XE device

It is combined router and UCS server, I am talking about BE6K small server (BE6KS)

Hi,

If u are referring to BE6000S[2921V] , it can be used as a Voice Gateway  which has a VWIC3-MFT-T1/E1 card with PVDM3.

regds,

aman

AS per Cisco @Jaime Valencia:

"From a technical perspective, there should be no problem, however, I've seen BU limitations on that in the past, for example, the UC500 series which you could use as an H323 GW, but the BU determined that would not be supported by Cisco. I'd suggest you reach out to your SE so he can confirm with the BE team if that would be supported, as it's sold as a UC appliance, and not a voice GW"

Thanks, Jaime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: