cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to forward DID #'s to external number UCM 10.5

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

What is the best or most recommended way to forward calls to a specific number from Internal Cisco IP Phones to a differant external number. 

For Example when a user picks up their phone and dials 9 1 234 1234 I would like it to forward to 9 1 800 123 4567. 

I currently have this working with a translation pattern with the translation pattern of 12341234 and the called party transform mask set to 918001234567 which seems to work ok, but I'm questioning whether this is the best way to do this. 

I was originally going to use the translation pattern of 912341234 but when I do that it gives the caller the number they are being transferred to that I would rather not disclose to the people calling the number that their call is being forwarded and to where. 

Is this the best way to accomplish this or would this be better handled with a route pattern for 9.12341234 going directly to our gateways with a called party transform of 918001234567? 

What do you think?

Jim

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are various methods for digit manipulation and you can use any that suits your needs. But having said that, Translation Patterns are pretty much one of the most common method for this purpose. You are on right track.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Just like Terry Cheema said, you can utilize the translation patterns for this. But since you would like to make it display the number of the Phone itself, i would use the forwarded function from the line of the phone and uncheck the redirect number. This would ensure the number that is being forwarded still shows the same as you anticipate. Another option in using the translation pattern is you can block the called number that way it doesn't show at all.

The line is actually not associated with a physical phone line appearance so forwarding it from the phone is not an option.  I am going to end up using the translation pattern, but thanks for the other option. 

BTW, where in the translation pattern to I set it up to block the forwarded number display on the calling phone?  I don't see an option for that in my translation pattern?  I would much rather use a more specific pattern with the 9 prefix but if I do it displays the forwarded number. 

What do you think? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: