Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to join 2 UCM clusters

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to easily join 2 different UCM clusters so lines can be shared on phones in both locations? We currently purchased a compnay who has a 2 server UCM version 8.6 system and we currently have a 4 server 7.1 cluster. The 8.6 cluster is in Chicago and the 7.1 is located in NJ. There will be network connectivity between the 2 sites.We want to be able to put CH lines on phones located in JC and vice versa.

Thanks for your input

Chris

6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Chris,

I've done this in the past by creating remote destinations in cluster 1 which point to DNs in cluster 2. 

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

And the answer is no, there is no easy way to join two clusters.

Your only option is BAT, and you'll need to adjust the data when going to either version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I agree with Ronak the only way to get shared line appearance (kind of) across 2 clusters would be to use Mobile Connect.

HTH,

Chris

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guys! This may not be a viable solution for us since there may be quite a few lines.

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know the main reason why this is not possible. Is it a limitation of the system ,the version mismatch or something else. Would one of the clusters have to be broken down and just added to the other as subscribers? which i guess is jaimes point of not being easy

Because they're two separate clusters and shared lines only exist within the cluster where they're configured.

Yes, you want to have a true shared line, all phones need to be in the same cluster.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: