Helpful
Replies

Bind interface and shared line confusion

alap84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I have 2 queries related to cme which has all sip phones

Scenario is i have cme router on which one interface is connected to lan let say gi 0/0 for phones to register and other gi 0/1 for mpls to branch/extensions calls.

1- question is it necessary to bind the media and control under voice service voip n sip

2- any seperate bind command on voip dialpeers for branch calls over mpls or any impact if its not given

3 - if above 2 are not there, will it impact anything on call or registration or re registration of phones. I am getting freeze issue on 8821 which as shared line with 7821.

I know there is a known bug for 8821 for freeze and my load is 11.0.3 SR4 which was fixed already. But still.

But i am not getting this on all the phones. Mostly to those who are on shared line with 1 desk and 1 wireless phone. 

Cme ver 11.6

8821 = 11.0.3 SR4

8851 = 11.5.x

7821 = 11.5.x

8 Replies 8

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
In brief, for IP Phone registration, bind the LAN interface under voice service voip/sip configuration. For your calls, bind the WAN facing VoIP dial-peers to your Gig0/1 interface.

but will it effect on shared line or any network busy, due to which 8821 goes hang or unable to dial shared line as phone shows busy.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It should not but again it depends upon how the call is traversing the CME etc. If there is an active call on a shared line, it will show busy on all other phones.
What is the issue that you are facing with sip binds ?

The issue which i am facing is some times my wireless phone got hang, or session got hanged. Either restart wireless phone or remove shared line max command and reset, it works again.

I didnt assign any bind under sip and on dial peer

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What is the IOS version ? There are defect(s) which affect wireless series IP phones on CME. The symptoms are quite similar to what you are reporting.

Hello

Cme vwr is 11.6 and ios is 15.6

I contacted cisco and got the ES6 firmware for 8821 fones, uploaded on all fones and so far no one reported except today in which one user was using 8851 and 8821 as shared line, his 8821 was power off/unregistered. In this case also the other registered fone got busy or busy out channel? Is it some bug or normal behavior?? 

Also on switch there is port security applied with sticky mac address and storm control with the value 15.0 10.0 with Max mac-address 2

Does port security effect or creates these type of issues? 

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are already testing with a ES release, still with that and monitor. It's definitely not normal behavior.