Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bizarre "ghost" pattern?

Hi all. I'm running 8.6.2. While looking into an annoying inter-digit timeout issue for people trying to reach our operator by dialing 0, I've stumbled across a very strange issue.

I was finding that, even though there were no other patterns in the CUCM starting with 0, people dialing 0 to get to our receptionist were still having to wait for inter-digit timeout. I eventually found that, no matter which CSS I put on the device and line, and even if I completely removed the CSS from the device and lines from a test phone, the following happens: when I dial 00403101XXXX, I get a fast busy and the connected party just says "To Call Manager".

I've checked for patterns in the null partition but there's nothing that should match 0.

Does this happen for anyone else? Have I found some sort of CUCM cheat code? ;)

Thanks

8 Replies 8

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tyson,

Have you looked under "translation patterns"
May be your pattern with "0" is there.

If this is the correct pattern make sure the "Urgent Priority" box is ticked.

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

If I tick urgent priority for my actual 0 pattern, it goes without waiting for the timeout. But I can't find anything in the DNA for this 00403 pattern.

I may have to proceed with the reboot.

Can you share snapshots for DNA report.

If once you click urgent priority the call goes through immediately, it absolutely means that there is an overlapping pattern existing within the current CSS.

To be sure you could check out the CCM traces and look at the digit analysis to see exactly what the Call Manager process is matching against.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, 

i would want to take a look at the output from DNA and see what is going on

Could you please post the output from the DNA?

regards

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're 100% sure that there is absolutely nothing that you're matching, and that means not just searching for patterns that start with 0, but also anything that has wildcards you could be matching. If DNA shows that you're indeed not having anything else, then you might want to reboot your CUCM to clean up the info that is loaded on RAM and refresh it with your current dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Run dialed number analyzer and/or collect the traces for that particular call, that should tell you exactly what route pattern/translation pattern is getting caught.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Tyson, please share the DNA report.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: