cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Pickup on CUCME

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys, is this possible? I know it is easy to configure on CUCM where a user can have BLFs which show the ring state of other phones and allows them to pick it up. We have a customer who wants to do this on CUCME but I can't find a way to replicate the functionality.

I can configure it as a watch button, which will allow speed dial and ring state, but just shows a red "off hook" instead of flashing and doesn't allow you to pickup the call from the button. Is this as close as CUCME can get?

Thanks

Sean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I can configure it as a watch button, which will allow speed dial and ring state, but just shows a red "off hook" instead of flashing and doesn't allow you to pickup the call from the button. Is this as close as CUCME can get?

Yes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.

Hi Sean,

You can use a shared extension for both phone and disable the ring option at the phone line who will be watching the another phone, so when the line ring will be able to pick the call and will be flash at the same time.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

You can use a shared extension for both phone and disable the ring option at the phone line who will be watching the another phone, so when the line ring will be able to pick the call and will be flash at the same time.

The problem with shared extensions is that you cannot use the button as speed dial, cannot use it for single-button transfers, and cannot have ephone-hunt login/logout on a shared DN. So most operators prefer blf-speed-dial buttons.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

you can use    blf-speed-dial command to do this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html#wp1049326

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

you can use    blf-speed-dial command to do this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html#wp1049326

That would not change anything. As the OP noted: watch or blf-speed-dial do not allow call pickup, and do not flash button on rining state.

Thank you Paolo and Leo. The shared line isn't an option as speed-dial is more important to the receptionist than picking up the call. I'll have to let them know that the watch functionality is as good as it gets for now.

Thanks for all the answers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: