cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Questions

refram
Level 3
Level 3

I need help with a couple questions about BLF. 

• How many people can have a BLF that watches a specific DN?  So if Phone A has DN 1111 on it, how many phones can have a BLF that monitors 1111?  Is there a maximum amount?
  • Is there a type of BLF that can monitor all of the lines on a phone?  So if Phone A has DN 1111 and DN 2222 on it, is there a type of BLF that can show that the user's phone is off hook no matter which line is being used?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Q1: AFAIK there is no specific limit. Likely there are some design limit. For this I’d recommend you to turn to the SRND for CM to check the details on this.

Q2: No AFAIK there is no such option. A BLF monitors the status of the directory number, not the device. There was a similar Q quite recently, suggest that you seek this up and try the suggestion that I made on that. NB: It has not been tested by me, it’s just a theoretical suggestion on a possible option for how to achieve what you ask about.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Q1: AFAIK there is no specific limit. Likely there are some design limit. For this I’d recommend you to turn to the SRND for CM to check the details on this.

Q2: No AFAIK there is no such option. A BLF monitors the status of the directory number, not the device. There was a similar Q quite recently, suggest that you seek this up and try the suggestion that I made on that. NB: It has not been tested by me, it’s just a theoretical suggestion on a possible option for how to achieve what you ask about.

Response Signature

Since you have a better handle on the BLF than I do, I hope you don't mind me going to the well just one more time.  I've been asked if there is a way for a user to change the phone number being watched on a BLF.  I don't know of a way to do it.  I thing it's something that an administrator must do.  I attempted to do it using the ucmadmin administrative page and couldn't figure out a way.  Is there something I'm missing?  I was using a CUCM 12.5 system so I don't know if there's something new that it being offered.

BLFs can only be managed by an administrator in CM. If your not that you’ll not have the availability to handle this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: