Views
Helpful
Replies

Block All Calls to specific DID in Cisco Voice Gateway

hemant8hk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have a DID Range 6000 to 6999. I need to block any calls coming to 6751 from Gateway.

6751 should be accessed internally within Office. No External Calls should come to 6751. Please help to achieve this.

11 Replies 11

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Several ways to accomplish this. One way is to put this DN in a partition that is accessible by the CSS assigned to internal phones but not by the CSS assigned to the gateway.

Brandon

Thank you..!! Is there a Way to achieve this by making any changes in gateway ..?

Are you using an H.323/SIP gateway? You could use a translation rule.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html#reject

Brandon

Using H.323
I tried below not working.
voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 reject /6751/

voice translation-profile call_block
translate called 2

dial-peer voice 100 voip
call-block translation-profile incoming call_block
incoming called-number .

Is carrier sending 4 digits or sending more and the call is being translated to 6751 in CUCM. At the gateway you will need to match the incoming digits. Run "debug voip dialpeer", make the inbound call and you will see the called number.

Brandon

Carrier is sending 4 digits

What type of gateway? Is the call hitting the dial peer where you have the translation applied?

+5 to Brandon for using fewer words! :)

Because, as ancient Spartans said, brevity is the source of wit!

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One way to do this is assign the 6751 DN in a new partition, and that partition would only be included in the IP phones CSS. It should not be included in the gateway's (incoming) Calling Search Space.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Thank you..!! Is there a Way to achieve this by making any changes in gateway ..?

sh run | s voice-port

# go to config mode of the VGW

# config t

# voice-port 0/0/1:15
 translation-profile incoming <translation profile name>