cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block callers if Caller-ID withheld (CUCME)

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

I've been trying to think of an efficient way to shun or divert incoming calls if the caller has their caller-ID blocked or withheld. I have this setup in a working home environment (lab).

The problem I have is, how can I match on *nothing*? I thought about a translation rule to match the calling number, but if there is nothing there then how is that possible?

Currently, I pay my telco to block callers of this type. Therefore I am unable to call the system and block my ID to see what is actually sent (i.e. simply nothing or something else such as "withheld" as a name field for example.

This system is connected to a PSTN POTS trunk via a single FXO port.

Thanks for any suggestions. I were unable to find someone else online that has done this.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Blocks no ANI calls:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 reject /^$/
voice translation-profile reject_ANI translate calling 1
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 call-block translation-profile incoming reject_ANI
 call-block disconnect-cause incoming user-busy

Note when doing that, you will be unable (for example), to receive calls from Skype users, and other legitimate callers.

Thanks Paulo,

I'm now going to be able to put this to the test. I ran a quick test and when you withheld a number the calling number is blank but the calling name is "WITHHELD".

I'm wondering if it is possible to match on a calling name? Because with the above method, when international callers phone us there is no sent calling number but the calling name is "INTERNATIONAL", , so the above would also block internation callers?

002710: Jun  5 12:28:42.993 GMT: [0/0/0] get_fxo_caller_id calling num= calling name=WITHHELD calling time=06/05 12:28 number blocked

I've included our output to show

Hello,

I am wondering if you got this working fully in the end Tony?

If so, how di dyou accomplish this task.

Rgrds,

Neil

Unfortunately not. I ended up moving home and circumstances changed. CUCME has some unfortunate and annoying limitations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: