Views
Helpful
Replies

block external call forwarding?

net.comm.engr
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone,

I'm starting to learn Cisco VoIP. How do I block call forwarding outside of my organization? I have CUCM 9.0. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Thats done with a CSS for call forwarding under the directory number configuration of a phone.  You will see "Call Forward All" when you are configuring a directory number,  the CSS you provide on the far right of that row will determine where the user can call forward there calls.  Set it to blank or none so they cant call forward externally.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Thats done with a CSS for call forwarding under the directory number configuration of a phone.  You will see "Call Forward All" when you are configuring a directory number,  the CSS you provide on the far right of that row will determine where the user can call forward there calls.  Set it to blank or none so they cant call forward externally.

Correct as explained in the previous reply. Added requirement is that you don't have any route-patterns to the outside in the none-partition (as that makes them accessible by no matter what).

Gert

Hi,

I think we can also make a softkey template and do not select the option of Call Forward and apply it to phone.

regds,

aman

That's correct - as long as you also block access to the ccmuser pages in that case for the end-users.

Gert

net.comm.engr
Level 1
Level 1

Steigja & Gert, thanks for the quick help, will try it tomorrow