Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLOCK INCOMING CALL IN CUBE BEFORE SENDING TO CUCM

Hi Guys,

I have done this before but it has been a while since then... Anyways, there are a few marketing numbers that our AR dept wants me to block, i don't want to do it in CUCM. I think it is more effective to drop the call as soon as it gets to the CUBE.

Here is what i tested and it didn't work... Perhaps another set of eyes can shed some light.

Let's say i want to block all calls coming from PSTN number : 76074094XX. Want to block the call on CID for number 76074094XX aka any call from that # should be blocked.

1. voice-translation rule 760

rule 1 reject /76074094XX/

2.  voice translation-profile  Block-incoming

translate calling 760

3. Then apply the translation-profile to the Incoming Dial-peer from SIP provider

dial-peer voice 760 voip
 description Incoming FROM SIP-TRUNK
 translation-profile incoming IN-ITPS-CALL
 call-block translation-profile incoming Block-incoming
 call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject
 session protocol sipv2
 incoming called-number .
 voice-class codec 1
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 ip qos dscp cs5 media
 ip qos dscp cs5 signaling
 no vad
!

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Change rule 1 reject /76074094XX/ to rule 1 reject /76074094../

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply... XX has replaced the last two digit, just for privacy concerns.

But i my config i have added the full ten digits in the rule ans still NADA. What i am thing is the direction of that i apply it in voice traslation-profile. It's calling i wonder shall i change it to translate called 760.

And thanks again for the input.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide "debug ccsip messages" and "debug voice translation"?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help... But the  issue has been fixed.

It seems the dial with coming number as a (.) was to general. I've added another DP with the exact number on which i want to block and it works ax expected.

Cheers 

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: