Views
Helpful
Replies

Block incoming call on Cube

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I was asked to block a number that is calling the head of HR everyday twice a day, I wanted to know if someone can look over my configuration and make sure this looks correct before i add this to the Cube router, and thanks in advance for the help and have a great day.

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 reject /7183536122/

voice translation-profile BLOCK
translate calling 1

dialpeer voice 11 voip
incoming called-number .
call-block translation-profile incoming BLOCK
call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Assuming all calls arriving from outside are presented with called number in +e164 North America format (+1[2-9]..[2-9]......) then applying this rule to this dial-peer should work.  Try it and let us know.  If it does not work provide "debug voice translation" and "debug ccsip messages".

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That should work - as long as the FROM in the SIP trace matches 7183536122. most of my SIP carriers send as E164 / plus dialing and are including the + [country code]. Validate that and should be good to go.

I have one more question Mike

I looked at my Cube router and the dial peer that I think I need to apply this to is dial peer 600, can you look at this and tell me if I'm correct with this config.

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 reject /+17183536122/

voice translation-profile BLOCK
translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 600 voip
description SIP Incoming (L3 to CUBE)
translation-profile incoming sip-in
session protocol sipv2
incoming called-number +1[2-9]..[2-9]......
call-block translation-profile incoming BLOCK
call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject
voice-class codec 1
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad

This will work if this is the dial-peer being matched and without seeing entire config we don't know it.  Remember your rule is going to block calls based on CALLING number, yet the dial-peer matched based on CALLED.  With that being said if this is your default inbound dial peer then your config will work.  Use "debug voice translation" when making the call to confirm if it is being matched, and "debug voice dialpeer" to see which dial-peers are matched.

Thanks for replying Chris and I've attached a copy of my config from the Cube router

Assuming all calls arriving from outside are presented with called number in +e164 North America format (+1[2-9]..[2-9]......) then applying this rule to this dial-peer should work.  Try it and let us know.  If it does not work provide "debug voice translation" and "debug ccsip messages".

Thanks for looking over this for me Chris I really appreciate the help. They don't really like changes to the cubes unless it's after hours so I'll add this into the cube tonight and test it out by blocking my cell phone. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: