Views
Helpful
Replies

Block incoming calls on one DN

faizanelahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using same number for two phones. For first number it will be primary line and for the second phone it will be secondary line only to make international calls.

I want to configure in such a way that whenever incoming call comes on that number only first phone should ring but not the second one.

I am using CME. 

Any one pls guide how can i achieve above.

Regards,

Faizan.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Not sure I follow, are you saying that the caller ID needs to be from this number in order for the call to succeed due to carrier ANI validation? If so, you could write a translation rule to change the calling number to the allowed number from the new extension only and apply to either the international dial peer or the ephone-dn.

View solution in original post

Voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /22234567/ /22212345/

voice translation-profile xlateDN

translate calling 1

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

translation-profile incoming xlateDN

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, why do you want the same number on both phones? If it only needs to ring on one and the second should have specific COR why not simply assign 2 different numbers?

We have international access on only one number, so we are planning to assign the same number to two phones to make international calls. 

Not sure I follow, are you saying that the caller ID needs to be from this number in order for the call to succeed due to carrier ANI validation? If so, you could write a translation rule to change the calling number to the allowed number from the new extension only and apply to either the international dial peer or the ephone-dn.

Yes, exactly.. international call will succeed only when the caller id will be this number.

Can i write like below... (22234567 is the calling number and 22212345 is the number to translate)

Voice translation-rule 1

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 567

translate calling 1 (translation tag number)

Please suggest.

Voice translation-rule 1

voice translation-profile xlateDN

translate calling 1

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

translation-profile incoming xlateDN

Hello Chris,

Everything is perfect with the above config.

Am just testing in my lab to translate the number only when the international call is dialed but not on local dial.

I tried to apply type and plan in translation rules, but hard luck...none succeed.

Can you suggest how to achieve it.

Instead of applying the translation profile at the ephone-dn level apply it in outgoing direction to the international dial-peer.

When i dial international number starting with 00, number is getting translated and going out with international dial-peer, and getting rejected ( getting disconnect cause code 21 while debugging ).

Is it only happening when you apply the translation?

if so, can you provide output of "debug Isdn q931" if this is PRI or "debug ccsip messages" if sip trunk for a working and not working call.

Yes, call getting dropped only when translation is applied.

Attached are "debug voice ccapi inout" output for both working as well as non working calls and running config.

Calling number= 988 (877 is the translated number)

Called number = 00918019843455

Please suggest.

Its working now.

I wrote translation rule wrongly.

Thanks for your support.