cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block Malicious Calls (CCM4.1)

johnson_cheng
Level 1
Level 1

Does Callmanager have a feature to block malicious calls,based on the calling number? If the answer is yes, how can I do the settings?

17 Replies 17

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Do you mean internal Calls or Calls from PSTN?

which Gateway Protocol are you using: h323 or MGCP?

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, CCM has this feature, take a look to the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsmcid.htm

HTH

//Jorge

Thanks a lot.But as far as I know,this feature just send an alarm or a notification.Is this feature able to block a call?

Correct, this feature flags teh call in the call detail record database and instructs the gateway to send a message to the public switched telephone network, allowing the service provider to take appropriate action. MCID is supported only on NET5 switches and must be enabled by the service provider.

//Jorge

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

it's not easy, but i did it, even though I was informed it was not possible. you can't do it from callmanager, you have to involve your gateway/router.

1. create a translation-rule for matching patterns (the number you want to block)

2. create a translation-profile and add the rule(s) to it.

3. assign the translation-profile to the dial-peer for all your incoming calls.

I guess it does depend on what router you use as to how the commands go, i use a 3825. if you have trouble figuring it out, i can try to lay out some commands for you.

Here you are actually doing it on the Gateway (H323 Gateway specifically). This has always been possible. But having CallManager based on the Calling Number, is not possible as of now.

...just as i said. thanks for clarifying. but it gets the job done and that's what he wants to do, right?

Thank you so much!Guys.Doing this by H323 Gateway is acceptable.Could you pls give me a configuration example? It will help me have a better understanding.

config t

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /##########/

rule 2 reject /##########/

*where #s is the numbers or patterns you're blocking

config t

voice translation-profile call_block

translate incoming 1 (the 1 references the collection of translation-rules)

config t

here conigure your incoming call dial-peer

dial-peer voice 1 voip (check the running-config if you're not sure what yours is)

call-block translation-profile incoming call_block

that should be it, let me know if you run into any snags.

Cool! Thanks, buddy. I'll have a try.

Thanks,buddy. It works.

Is there any way to block such calls with an MGCP gateway?

No, there is no way to do this with MGCP. With MGCP, the control is still with CM and Cm does not support routing based on Calling Number, to block calls using Calling Party Number, you have to move to H323.That is the only option available as of now

Does this apply to oubound calls too? I need to block some outbound malicious calls since ATT seems to think they are coming from my system.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: