cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block Outgoing Calls based on the originating internal number/extension.

rahul nair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My query is, how is it possible to block calls to a specific outgoing number ( in my case it is  "2519 2519" ) , depending on who is initiating the call. 

I have three different branch offices with different PRI ranges a each office . 

I am trying to find a way to block outgoing calls to the above number - if the call originates from a particular office / or an extension range.

My knowledge in collaboration is pretty elementary. Can i achieve this on a Voice gateway level ?

Thanks,

Rahul Nair.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct.  Just make sure this route pattern is added with new or existing partition that is only listed in the CSSes of devices that should not be able to call this number, otherwise other phones will be blocked from calling it as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you have CUCM in place, simply add a blocking route pattern matching this number in partition that is only listed in CSS of the phones that need to be blocked.

Thanks a lot Chris :)

Is there a document for me to understand how to do this ? As i said i am pretty new to CUCM .

I assume i have to go to Call Routing > Route pattern .
I can see many pre-configured rules over there, like the wildcards configured ( example 0.1XXXXXXX).
When i click on any one of those, i can see an option "Route this pattern / Block this patter" . I think this is what you are suggesting.

What would be the Route pattern in my case ?

Thanks,
Rahul Nair.

You are correct.  Just make sure this route pattern is added with new or existing partition that is only listed in the CSSes of devices that should not be able to call this number, otherwise other phones will be blocked from calling it as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: