Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block specific numbers on some DNs

Hi 

I have a number calling my DN and I want to block this number to call my DN only so is there any method to block one number to call one DN and can call others without creating partition , also is there any difference if this number inside or outside corporation

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Access lists only apply to remote destinations and single number reach, so would not prevent calls to an on premise phone. You can block on specific match, by pattern, or by whether or not caller ID is provided, but only for remote access destinations. It is designed to prevent a user's mobile or home number from receiving calls related to work but on an allowed or deny list basis, so you could say..."only allow a call to be extended to my single number reach destination IF it is from my boss", for example.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

NO You cant. Access list works with Remote destinations and not extension to extensions calling..

You need to achieve this with partitions and CSS.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

are you trying to block an internal extensions calling to your DN or an external number calling to your extension?

If internal play with Partition.

If external you can block it from the gateway level. Just search community and your will find a lot of discussion .

Response Signature

Let's say internal extension but it is only block one extension from dialing another (like one number calling you and you want to block it for some time then after one week you want to block another number ) on the other hand he can call all just block to call this extension is there any method accept partition

Because if any one want to do same I will configure a lot of partitions

Second if it is external number can I do it with expressway call rule 

Hi

Can I achieve this  by call routing access list? 

What is a call routing access list? Iā€™ve never heard of anything named that and Iā€™ve been in the business ever since CM version 3.3.

Response Signature

Access list under class of control

Can I block external number to call my extension or the only way is voice gateway

Thanks in advance 

Yes, you can use this to block an external number to SNR remote destinations.  If you want to a number to any/all phones, there's a good writeup here, but that is not for calls destined to a specific directory number.  I don't know of a way to do that.

Response Signature

No. Those are used for a functionality called Mobile Connect, or better known as Single Number Reach.

Response Signature

Access lists only apply to remote destinations and single number reach, so would not prevent calls to an on premise phone. You can block on specific match, by pattern, or by whether or not caller ID is provided, but only for remote access destinations. It is designed to prevent a user's mobile or home number from receiving calls related to work but on an allowed or deny list basis, so you could say..."only allow a call to be extended to my single number reach destination IF it is from my boss", for example.

Response Signature

Hi

Can I achieve this  by call routing access list? 

NO You cant. Access list works with Remote destinations and not extension to extensions calling..

You need to achieve this with partitions and CSS.

Response Signature