Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Calls from specified ANI number

cevliyaoglu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to block  some calls for some ANI numbers.   Our CUBE has several SIP connections to different devices  

Calls come from Telco SPCUBE to our cube and then it goes to either  CVP or CUCM

Here are dial peers and translation rules

I created voice otranslation rule 999 and voice translation-profile call_block below.

1. Can somebody help me about how to add dial-peer configuration to refer these blocking  rules   

********** config deleted for security reasons**************

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, this behaves differently than I remember.  Try this:

call-block translation-profile incoming call_block     
call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject

On each dial-peer (of course, test it with one first).  What I don't know is if that will interfere with the normal translation-profile.  I don't think it will, but if there is a conflict, the CLI will likely tell you when you try to enter it.

FYI: I found this in this document: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#con13

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Normally you would just add the incoming blocked translation rule to your incoming dial-peer.

Hi Brandon Yes but how?  Do I need to add new dial peer or modify the existing ones?

Just modify the existing one.  Just make sure you are not opening holes or closing call routing paths for your existing call rules.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html

Example:

dial-peer voice 29 voip
 translation-profile incoming FXS29 

The problem is that most of your inbound dial-peers already have translation-profile and only one translation profile can be applied to a dial-peer in each direction.  I think you will need that add the 'translate calling 999' command to each 'IN' translation profile.

Well,  I couldn't do this, If I modify the existing one, then I think the translation profile will change on the dial peer. So,  the old translation profile will be removed. In this case the other translation rule will not work.And it will effect to whole calls.

How is it possible to add this blocking rule , so that CUBE,  will check the dial peer  and block the ANI number if needed,but other calls will work properly.

Isn't it possible?

Hmm, this behaves differently than I remember.  Try this:

On each dial-peer (of course, test it with one first).  What I don't know is if that will interfere with the normal translation-profile.  I don't think it will, but if there is a conflict, the CLI will likely tell you when you try to enter it.

FYI: I found this in this document: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#con13

Hi Chris

It worked as you suggested yesterday. I added

to my all incoming dial peers  And it worked properly

Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: