Helpful
Replies

Blocking E164 CLI on CUBE

RossStevenson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help.

Not sure if I'm hitting an IOS limitation or whether this isn't possible at all.

Basically I'm trying to implement call blocking on a customers CUBE, via voice translation rules and profiles.

The profile is assigned to the ingress dial-peer, however I've noticed the calling CLI's are coming in as full E164 and I can't configure a reject rule beginning with +44

Picture attached of error, is this because it see's the + as a wildcard and doesn't like it ?

reject +.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to escape the + in the match part. Try with this rule 4 reject /^\+44792<rest of number blurred>$/

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

You need to escape the + in the match part. Try with this rule 4 reject /^\+44792<rest of number blurred>$/

Response Signature

Thanks Roger, its taken that command. However I'm still not getting a match, so if that's the correct format you've entered, must be something else causing my issue.

Would you mind to share the configuration that pertains to this so that we can verify it?

Response Signature

This document, that you likely already seen or at least something similar, outlines what is needed to enable this. It's an example for a traditional TDM connection, but it can be adopted to be applicable to a ITSP (SIP) connection easily as it's not a substantially huge difference between the two. It's a matter of using either two types of dial peer, for traditional TDM PSTN access that would be pots and voip, for a ITSP (SIP) PSTN access it would be just one type, voip.

This example from the doc, adopted to use an inbound voip dial peers, should work for you in general.

!--- Matches the defined number string and rejects the call.
voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 reject /^\+4493927393$/

!--- Apply the rule to a translation profile for the calling number. 
!--- You could also reject based on called or redirect-called numbers.
voice translation-profile CALL_BLOCK
 translate calling 1      

!--- Include the translation profile within a dial peer definition.
!--- Invokes the voice translation profile “CALL_BLOCK” on 
!--- inbound calls that match this peer 
!--- in order to determine which calls to reject.
dial-peer voice 100 voip
 call-block translation-profile incoming CALL_BLOCK      
 call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject
 incoming called-number .

You might be using different technique for the match of inbound dial peer, so you'd need to adopt this to your specific needs.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger,  I managed to get it resolved earlier today with the above and some dialpeer debug, turns out it was hitting a different inbound dial-peer than expected!

Glad to hear that you managed to get this to work Ross. That’s a more common problem than you can imagine..

Response Signature