Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking External Caller

scorpio.besal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have got an request to block an external caller because the entire department keeps getting spam phones call by this number and would like it blocked.

Need your advice.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's plenty of documentation on this topic for reference

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#con11

This is a local config, if you receive those calls on all 6 gateways, then yes, you need to configure it on all of them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Make sure the call is hitting this dial-peer where the block profile is applied. The incoming call should have exactly same digits to match - make sure to include/exclude any leading digits.

You can check this by running the: debug isdn q931.

If you still have issues, run the below debugs while making the test call. Post the output of these here.

debug voip ccapi inout and debug voip dialpeer inout

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's plenty of documentation on this topic for reference

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#con11

This is a local config, if you receive those calls on all 6 gateways, then yes, you need to configure it on all of them.

HTH

java

Thanks for the link.

Could you advice if I have to apply the config to all the VG's ( I have 8 gateways in 4 different offices)

Thanks for your help.

Already did

HTH

java

Thanks matey

One last question, would there be downtime if I  apply this config.

No, you just configure and apply to get it to work.

HTH

java

I just tried applying the following config on my local VG where i have the VOIP phone, but its not working. I tried to block my mobile 093232323232 to test

Make sure the call is hitting this dial-peer where the block profile is applied. The incoming call should have exactly same digits to match - make sure to include/exclude any leading digits.

You can check this by running the: debug isdn q931.

If you still have issues, run the below debugs while making the test call. Post the output of these here.

debug voip ccapi inout and debug voip dialpeer inout

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

I just tried applying the following config on my local VG where i have the VOIP phone, but its not working. I tried to block my mobile 093232323232 to test