Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking nuisance phone calls in cisco call manager

In Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 11.5.1.14900-11, is there a way to block unwanted, nuisance or harassing calls in call manager?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Log in to your CUCM. Go to the Call Routing drop down menu. Click on Translation Pattern. Add new. In the Pattern Definition box you can put the number that you want to block in the "translation pattern" field. I usually hit the "Block this pattern" radio button under the "Route option" section and then choose "Call rejected" from the drop down

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes you can block the ANI inbound.   There are also other third party gateways like secure logic that can provide more firewall like features to give an added layer of protection.

Also there is a feature for your users to tag calls as spam or harashing so you can pull from CDR later.

Good to know but I am really new to phones can you give me the details on how to block an inbound call? what is ANI?

What do you mean by CDR?

Log in to your CUCM. Go to the Call Routing drop down menu. Click on Translation Pattern. Add new. In the Pattern Definition box you can put the number that you want to block in the "translation pattern" field. I usually hit the "Block this pattern" radio button under the "Route option" section and then choose "Call rejected" from the drop down

You must have missunderstood the requirement. See my man Gregory's reply below on setting up a Route Next Hop on Calling Number for the real solution.

And send the calls to "Lenny".

ANI is calling number.

So to add what I posted what protocol are you utilzing on your gateway? MGCP, SIP?

Here is an article that will help you.  Adding a translation pattern and rejecting is part of it, but setting up a translation pattern to match the next hop by calling number is needed for inbound calls. Other wise. your just blocking a user ability to call inbound to number (DNIS) 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/technotes-how-to-block-incoming-calls-in-cucm-8-x-based-on-ani/ta-p/3124389

sip so the other answer is not the full answer but the link you sent me is

Happy to hear the link helped. For those you do it on the gateway itself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: