Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking specific Countries Area Codes Suggestions

Hello,

We are in a situation where our circuit was used from an outside party to call high cost countries. We are working on the security of the gateway at the moment but I wanted to know if its possible to block specific countries to be called too. 

We had multiple calls to Africa that were not done by us, I essentially wanted to know if its possible to block all calls outbound to Africa with either the Area code or some other way I can not think of. 

Thanks, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Probably you can explore reject rule of translation-rule configuration to block outbound calls to a specific area code.  However I would suggest to find out the root cause as to how outsiders were able to make calls from your gateway and resolve that issue, which is the root of this problem.

Blocking calls to a particular area may be a short term fix, because if original issue is not solved then those callers may start calling some other countries.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Probably you can explore reject rule of translation-rule configuration to block outbound calls to a specific area code.  However I would suggest to find out the root cause as to how outsiders were able to make calls from your gateway and resolve that issue, which is the root of this problem.

Blocking calls to a particular area may be a short term fix, because if original issue is not solved then those callers may start calling some other countries.