cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast Hunt Group / Do Not Allow Members to Answer

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to broadcast a call to a group of phones, but not allow the call to be answered by any of the phones

Here is my thought process:

I'd like to mass communicate a CODE BLUE message to multiple phones at once.  I'm thinking of creating a Hunt Pilot number with "CODE BLUE" as the Alerting Name.  This hunt pilot call would then broadcast to a group of phones.  The group of phones would display "for CODE BLUE" on their screens. 

The 1 hiccup is that someone will pickup the call, and the rest of the phones in the group will no longer display "for CODE BLUE"  Can you make the call ring continuously and not allowed to be answered?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No you cant do that. There is no way to prevent people from answering their phones regardless of where the call comes from. You might need a 3rd party application to send out boradcast messasges over a phone

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No you cant do that. There is no way to prevent people from answering their phones regardless of where the call comes from. You might need a 3rd party application to send out boradcast messasges over a phone

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"