cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast Overhead Paging Music To Phones in UC5xx??

cmehlum
Level 1
Level 1

Another legacy PBX feature.  I have a customer looking at deploying a UC560 to replace their PBX.  Currently their PBX will broadcast music supplied by a am/fm receiver connected to the overhead paging system, which is then connected back to the PBX via the Music on Hold input in the PBX box.  When there is no active page, the music is broadcast to phones (in which end user have turned on the feature locally) and overhead paging speakers.  I talked to Bogen and they have a 70v amplifier that will do the paging/relay break in of the music, however I now need to solve whether the Cisco UC5xx will broadcast overhead paging music to phones if I find a way to input the overhead paging music into the MOH port on the UC 5xx box. 

Has anyone run into this?  Any solutions?

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Under which conditions the phones should play MoH ? Normally that only happen when they are put on hold from another extension.

Anything else, it's custom development not covered by standand product feature.

Understood, thanks.  That is the same response I got from Cisco support.  Even on legacy PBX systems this was a custom feature that the vendor rolled up it's sleeves and provided.  I am trying to find out if anyone else has paved the way on the customization. 

If Cisco wants to win the SMB voice market, they need to continue to provide features that SMB users want or they will continue to lose to Shoretel and Mitel.   

Can you explain what exactly the feature would be ?

Update, we ended up getting this feature to work by installing a Valcom V-9964 Stacking Feedback Eliminator between UC and Paging System.

cmehlum
Level 1
Level 1

CISCO, any answer to this?

CISCO, any answer to this?

If you don't mind explaining the feature in detail first ?

Please see my first thread, can't explain it much better than that.

Actually you could clarify some, for example,

Does the phones plays music continuosly from the speaker ? And they stop only when a call has to be made ?

And there is a way to mute the music, etc?

If that is, honestly I see zero chances to be developed by Cisco as system feature, however as mentioned before, a custom-developed phone service application may do it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: