cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Administration - Directory Number Voicemail Profile

jefferymitchell
Level 1
Level 1

My company is migrating voice mail from EUM to Office 365. I have to migrate random DN's because we are migrating by departments. So none of the filtering option in BAT add/update line will work for me. I have a CSV file that I can use. I  tried to look at uploading file under BAT but there is no option to change the voice profile there. The only line change there is line appearance. I'm not a programmer so I haven't looked into that option. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, We actually migrated in groups. If you used the Line description to separate departments by name this process will work like a charm. You will not have to touch each directory number line to change the voicemail profile. I used the following path in CUCM Administration Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines. What I used as my search "Line Description" "Contains". Here is were I entered the line description "Cashiers Office'. It will bring up a page of DNs that have that line description. click the "next" link. It will bring up a line configuration page. Mark the check box next to Voice Mail Profile. From the drop down menu select the Name your organization used for the Outlook Office 365 profile. Page down then check Run Immediately, then press submit. This process will update the voicemail profile for multiple directory numbers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just use Export/Import to export the Directory Numbers, delete the rows you do not want to modify, edit the Voicemail Profile on those that you do, and run an import with the Override the existing configuration checkbox ticked.

Jonathan thanks for replying. Unfortunately import/export is limited as to the line options you can update. Although you can make changes to the line appearance you do not have the option to update the voicemail profile field.

Bulk Administration > Phones > Export Phones > All Details will give you a CSV file that includes both the Phone and associated Directory Number configurations. This will include the Voice Mail Profile.

Thanks I'll try that.

Yes, We actually migrated in groups. If you used the Line description to separate departments by name this process will work like a charm. You will not have to touch each directory number line to change the voicemail profile. I used the following path in CUCM Administration Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines. What I used as my search "Line Description" "Contains". Here is were I entered the line description "Cashiers Office'. It will bring up a page of DNs that have that line description. click the "next" link. It will bring up a line configuration page. Mark the check box next to Voice Mail Profile. From the drop down menu select the Name your organization used for the Outlook Office 365 profile. Page down then check Run Immediately, then press submit. This process will update the voicemail profile for multiple directory numbers.

Jonathan, how would you do the import again? Its not possible to to a import via Bulk Administration-->Import-->Import, as you need to have done a Export from here to get the headers that is needed for the import.

What is the recommended way of bulk updating the Voice Mail profiles then really?

PS: the customer is on CUCM v 12.5

BR

Ørnulf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: