cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Edit Line Display, ASCII Display, and Line Text Label?

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning, 

I have a bunch of phones which I would like to change the Decription, Alerting Name, ASCII Alerting name, Display (Caller ID), ASCII (Caller ID), and Line Text Label.  Will I be able to do this with Bulk Edit?

I think I can, but the only questionable field I have a question about is the Line Text Label.  Our current labeling scheme is something like:

Antigo Netmeeting (x7790) - x7790 is the extension of this particular phone.

I am looking to change the Line Text Label to Computer Conferencing (x7790).  Is it possible to get the extensions added to the Line Text Label with Bulk Edit using some sort of tag or something?  

Thanks

Joe

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you would need to create a custom file with the changes you want to apply in order to change those.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have just done it through bulk but the same value. 

Bulk Administration->Phones->Add/Update Lines->Update Lines

I have just done it through bulk but the same value. 

Bulk Administration->Phones->Add/Update Lines->Update Lines

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What you need to do is export all details and edit in excel below is the example 

• Export all details of phone you want to update. Or you can export for all phone and edit in excel the one you wanted.
  • Try with few phone first and then apply to all. If you make mistake  impact might be high.

• Donwload the csv file
  • Open CSV File in Excel. Launch Excel Click on Open file browse to the folder wher you downloaded the CSV, Make sure to select all files as shown below
  • Choose delimiter as Comma. 
  • In excel find the column Line Text Label and edit as per you requirement and save as CSV. Make sure to save it as CSV Only
  • Upload the same as Phone >All details
  • Now Go to Insert Phone and Select the file and make sure to choose Override Details. This is required as it will override the setting for existing phone.
  • Below is another post describing the same
  • https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/55891/update-phones-using-bulk-administration-tool

>>> PLEASE RATE AND MARK CORRECT AS APPLICABLE<<

Thanks

Haris

Thanks Much Haris for to-the-point solution instead of saying no or yes and not providing the details to resolve the issue like others to get the Cisco points/rating. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: