Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Speed Dial + CME +Corlist

Asim ali
Level 1
Level 1
I have below problem.
I have added bulk speed dial list in CME which  has got entries like this.
The prefix is #7
933,934481800001,Test  user,hide
In above by dialing #7933 user will reach  the phone number 81800001 and 9344 is the destination pattern of the dial peer  which was created for this purpose.
The reason of new dial peer is to allow  access to users by creating a cor list,
cuz some of the users who do not have  national access should be able to dial the speed dials.
its working fine but the problem here is  its showing the full number in the dialed calles on phones.
Like I have dialed #7933, now if I check  the dialed calls list it shows the full translated number  934481800001.
Now users are exploiting this and bypassing  the cor list, and simply using 9344 and dialing their numbers.
Any clues how to stop this.
Aali
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Asim,

Two ideas first:-

Change the access code and use the hide flag in the bulk CSV file to hide the number.

The following is a sample bulk speed-dial list:

01,5550140,voicemail,hide,append

90,914085550153,Cisco extension,hide,append

11,9911,emergency,hide,

91,9911,emergency,hide,

08,110,Paging,,append

Or this is a little more creative and needs testing. In Dial peers Cisco remember that ABCD are also valid DTMF tones so you can use them in toll bypass gateways and have great fun confusing people. See if the Bulk List will accept A934481800001 if it does then just change the dial peer pattern to match.

Sorry I am not in a position to test this at the moment

Let me know how you get on or if you need further help,

Craig

PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Asim,

Two ideas first:-

Change the access code and use the hide flag in the bulk CSV file to hide the number.

The following is a sample bulk speed-dial list:

01,5550140,voicemail,hide,append

90,914085550153,Cisco extension,hide,append

11,9911,emergency,hide,

91,9911,emergency,hide,

08,110,Paging,,append

Or this is a little more creative and needs testing. In Dial peers Cisco remember that ABCD are also valid DTMF tones so you can use them in toll bypass gateways and have great fun confusing people. See if the Bulk List will accept A934481800001 if it does then just change the dial peer pattern to match.

Sorry I am not in a position to test this at the moment

Let me know how you get on or if you need further help,

Craig

PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS!

Hello Craig,

Thank You for the reply.

Regarding the first point of yours, its only to hide the number while the speed dial is being dialed.

i already have these in the list  933,934481800001,Testuser,hide

Now with this if the user is dialing #7399 it will show on his phone #7399 only and the name Testuser.

It wont show the full number, if we remove hide then it will show the full number which is 9344818....

Now the second point seems to be intersting, i will test this and update you how it works.

Thank YOU

Hello Craig,

I tested the alphabet in the Speed dial list, but it did not help.

When i did a show bulk list it gave me the digits 9344 without the A Alphabet which i added in the list.

I re uploaded the file but did not help.

Any other clues guys ???

Asim,

That's a shame it would have been an elegant solution.

How many patterns are national / international patterns are there in the bulk lists?

If there aren't too many you could create individual dial peers that match either a single entry or a range that covers a company but is still restrictive enough to stop too much abuse.

Craig

Hello Craig,

I have total of 69 in the list, and three patterns of National, Mobile and International.

Creating dial peers wont help me, since its being shown in the dialed calls, any body can just use it. My problem is i have users who dont have Natio or Mobile access, but they are requried to call few numbers on daily basis, going throuhg operator puts lotta pressure on operators.

My plan is to create a list and put the particular dial peer where i have 9344 destination pattern in the COR and add these uses to that COR list.

The plan worked out nicely except the fact where it shows the dialed number

Thank You

Sorry I am missing the point now, if only three speed dials are using 9344 prefix why not have three dial peers matching the whole number? This will stop any possibility of misuse.

Even if there are 69 patterns that needed control you could have a dial peer for each one using a destination pattern that fully matched the whole number.

Craig

Hello Craig,

I have 69 numbers in the speed dial list, which are mix of national and mobile numbers, and few international numbers.

If i understand it correctly i have to create 69 dial peers to match those numbers exactly. ???

Asim

Exactly, it may be a pain but it's only method that comes to mind.

Maybe somebody else will come up with another method

It is VERY easy to generate these kind of repetitive dial-peers from a spreadsheet so the one off admin is actually quite low.

Craig

Asim,

I have tried Craig's suggestion on a CME and it works ok.

e.g. 933,A934481800001,Testuser,hide

Phil

Phil,

That's great, I am glad it works.

Thanks for sharing your results.

5 stars coming your way,

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: