Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Update of Softkey Template

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys

I need perform a bulk update of IP Phone 7921 softkey template only, but I don´t know how to do this.

Any idea?

TIA
Cristian.

3 Replies 3

jaschulz
Level 1
Level 1

Not a great answer for this. There really is no way to edit them in bulk. The only way I've been able to do it and it has a capacity to mess up a lot of users. Is to export and edit the file and re-import.

But to be clear it's only a workaround I've ran into this several times where client was wanting to do mass updates to the users softkeys.

Hi

Export/edit/import is a good way to do it if you are handy with CSVs - using Excel tends to scramble the contents so isn't recommended. I wrote some tools to trawl the CSV in a column sensitive fashion to do it neatly.

Another option for you would be to use a little tool I wrote... Take a  look here.

Basically for an input file you would need a line for each device like so

updateDevice,name,SEP123412341234,softkeyTemplateName,TemplateX

updateDevice,name,SEP431243214312,softkeyTemplateName,TemplateY

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dear Aaron

Thank you for your answer. I´m trying to updating phones using a custom file, but something is missing. The custom file have :

DEVICE NAME,DESCRIPTION,SOFTKEY TEMPLATE

A4934CBFFAA1,,Standard Usuarios

TIA
Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: