Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk update of SURL button on UDP and phones

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm in the process of rolling out EM to a customer.

They have around 200 phones, all 6941's.

As a way of making EM easier on their phones I'm looking to push the EM service out via a SURL button.

I'm happy that I can create a button_template with the SURL button and that I can push the service subscription ans SURL button to both the phones and UDP's.

This is where I hit my problem, I can see no way to push the subscribed service on to the SURL button for all the phones?

Can this be done in BAT?

Thanks

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

This can be done from Bulk Admin.

1. Create the Phone Template , with the specific SURL in it.

2. Go to Bulk Admin --> Phones --> Update Phones --> Query (by device type) / Custom file and under the "Assign IP Phone Services", Select the from drop down and then Submit the Job.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

This can be done from Bulk Admin.

1. Create the Phone Template , with the specific SURL in it.

2. Go to Bulk Admin --> Phones --> Update Phones --> Query (by device type) / Custom file and under the "Assign IP Phone Services", Select the from drop down and then Submit the Job.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Gifton,

Thanks, you're right.

I'd already done this, but in my haste had forgotten to actually assign the IP Phone Service to the SURL button in the template. I had just the button in the template not the assigned SURL, so after doing an update, I had phones with the IP Phone service assigned but with a blank button.

I tried again yesterday and after realising my mistake, corrected it and the update worked fine.

Thanks

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: