Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk update of SURL button on UDP and phones

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm in the process of rolling out EM to a customer.

They have around 200 phones, all 6941's.

As a way of making EM easier on their phones I'm looking to push the EM service out via a SURL button.

I'm happy that I can create a button_template with the SURL button and that I can push the service subscription ans SURL button to both the phones and UDP's.

This is where I hit my problem, I can see no way to push the subscribed service on to the SURL button for all the phones?

Can this be done in BAT?

Thanks

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

This can be done from Bulk Admin.

1. Create the Phone Template , with the specific SURL in it.

2. Go to Bulk Admin --> Phones --> Update Phones --> Query (by device type) / Custom file and under the "Assign IP Phone Services", Select the from drop down and then Submit the Job.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

This can be done from Bulk Admin.

1. Create the Phone Template , with the specific SURL in it.

2. Go to Bulk Admin --> Phones --> Update Phones --> Query (by device type) / Custom file and under the "Assign IP Phone Services", Select the from drop down and then Submit the Job.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Gifton,

Thanks, you're right.

I'd already done this, but in my haste had forgotten to actually assign the IP Phone Service to the SURL button in the template. I had just the button in the template not the assigned SURL, so after doing an update, I had phones with the IP Phone service assigned but with a blank button.

I tried again yesterday and after realising my mistake, corrected it and the update worked fine.

Thanks

Chris