Would like to know if there is a way to bulk update the unified messaging account option for more than 100 users. Need to migrate 100+ users from Exchange 2007 UM service to Exchange 2013 UM Service. So trying to avoid going into each account, deleting the existing Unified messaging account, creating a new one with Exchange 2013 service selected.
Any suggestions to bulk update this will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance.
You can use the Bulk update to insert the new email address for the users.
You can set User this email address instead of using corporate account option.
We can verify the same from the CUC System Admin Guide
Exchange only: If you set the emailAddressUseCorp to:
• 0—Enter the Exchange email address that you want
Unity Connection to access for unified messaging
features for this user.
• 1—Leave this field blank. If you enter a value, Unity
Connection ignores it.
Please rate if found Userful
You can assign Unified Messaging service account in bulk by following the steps given below:
1. Using Bulk Administrator, bulk export Unified Messaging accounts and save as UMExport.csv to your PC.
Tools > Bulk Administration Tool > Select Export and Unified Messaging Accounts > Submit.
2. Create two files by copying the data of the User/users whose UM Service account has to be changed as below:
a. UMService-ToDelete.csv: Contains the exact data of the user from the UMExport.csv which you will be deleting.
b. UMServie-NewUM.csv: Contains data of the user as below:
'Alias' => 'SubscriberAlias'
'ServiceDisplayName' => New UM Service Account name
'OptionalServiceAccountID' => Leave it Blank
'EmailAddress' => 'Unified Messaging EmailAddress'
3. Use Bulk Administrator to delete the UM service from the users in UMService-ToDelete file.
Tools > Bulk Administration Tool > Select Delete and Unified Messaging Accounts > Submit.
4. Use Bulk Administrator, bulk create UM accounts
Tools > Bulk Administration Tool > Select Create and Unified Messaging Accounts > Browse for UMService-newUM.csv > Submit.