cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Business Edition 6000 and network ports?

DanielGoQ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Assuming I'm going to use a Business Edition 6000 with 4 applications on the server, do I need to have 4 network ports?

I'm asking this because reading about the configuration of the Business Edition 6000 UCS C220M3 server, it seems it only has 3 RJ-45 ports, 1 for management and 2 for LAN 1 and LAN 2. Is this correct?

Power supplies (two)

1-Gb Ethernet dedicated management port

Low-profile PCIe slot 2 on riser
(half-height, half-length, x8 lane)

Dual 1-Gb Ethernet ports
(LAN1 and LAN2)

Standard-profile PCIe slot on riser
(full-height, half-length, x16 lane)

USB ports

VGA video connector

Rear Identification button/LED

Serial port (RJ-45 connector)

-

If I configure a UCS C220M3, not for business edition, I would need to add a RJ45 for each application, right?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not really, you configure the vSwitch within ESXi and you can associate zero (in case of internal only vSwitch), one or more physical NICs for the virtual machines to share. You don't need to have a 1:1 mapping between the number of VMs and a physical NIC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not really, you configure the vSwitch within ESXi and you can associate zero (in case of internal only vSwitch), one or more physical NICs for the virtual machines to share. You don't need to have a 1:1 mapping between the number of VMs and a physical NIC.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks a lot Java!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: