Views
Helpful
Replies

Business Edition 6000 UCS C220 M3 Network Management Port

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have two UCS C220 M3 servers as part of a Business Edition 6000 solution.

Each server has two integrated LAN ports and a dedicated Management LAN port.

I have tried to set CIMC to use the dedicated management port but the port does not become active and connect to the LAN switch.

I have checked the switch port and it is set to auto-negotiate speed and duplex and is configured as an access port in the correct VLAN.

I have tested the switch port with another PC and that works ok.

The servers shipped with 1.5(1)b firmware. I have upgraded this to 1.5(1)l but still have the same issue.

I am starting to wonder whether the dedicated management port is disabled on the BE6000 UCS C220 M3 server.

Has anyone else got this working?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What switch type are you connecting it to? the port is 10/100 so can you try hard coding it to 100-Full Duplex on your switch port?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. It is connecting to a 10/100/1000 port on a Catalyst 3750.

I did try fixing the port speed/duplex to 100-Full and 100-Half but the management port did not come up. It is the same for both servers so cabling and switch ports should not be an issue.

I have installed lots of non-BE6000 UCS servers and have never had this issue before

Hmm, so you pressed F8 during the bootup and assigned IP, etc to it?

Are you sure you are connecting to the proper port as I belive there is another mgmt type port on these servers?

Chris

Yes I am certain I am connecting to the correct port.

I was wondering whether the BE6000 disables the management port for some reason?