cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy signal when calling a CTI route point from another site

donmitswv
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue where a user calls the CTI route point going to UCCX from one site to another, they recive a busy signal (not a re-order). users from this same site can call other dn's to this site just not CTI route points going to UCCX. Users from this site can call CTI route points forwarding to unity connection however. the routepoints all have the same basic configureation though. all of the DN's are in the same partition including the CTI route point dn's and that partition is a member of the respective sites CSS so I dont belive that to be the issue. users that are in the same physical site as the CUCM and UCCX server can call the CTI routepoints without issue. I have looked through UCCX over and over but since phones in that same site can call the UCCX server I dont belive the issue is there either. Im begining to think im overlooking something really stupid but cant figure it out. can anyone think of a reasoning for this or guide me in what to trace to help resolve this?

Thanks

Don Mynes

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you're calling from another site I assume you're calling through a gateway or trunk, if so check if the gateway or trunk's CSS can reach the destination that the CTI RP is going to redirect to, often times it's a CTI port.  So make sure the CTI port's partition is in the CSS of the gateway.  Call Manager will default to using the original calling party device's CSS for the call which is a caveat that gets many people.  There's an enhancement to get this behavior changed (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso91760).

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you're calling from another site I assume you're calling through a gateway or trunk, if so check if the gateway or trunk's CSS can reach the destination that the CTI RP is going to redirect to, often times it's a CTI port.  So make sure the CTI port's partition is in the CSS of the gateway.  Call Manager will default to using the original calling party device's CSS for the call which is a caveat that gets many people.  There's an enhancement to get this behavior changed (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso91760).

This was exactuly what I was running into! thanks so much for pointing this out. Id still be banging my head against the wall without this.

Don Mynes

Thanks for the information.  I'm running into the same type of scenario.

ricardocucatti
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

I'm facing the same issue and the solution presented below didn't solved it. Does anybody else have any idea what may be going on?

Regards

Ricardo Cucatti

Is the route point registered (if it's controlled by an application)?  Can you call the route point from the same site?  If it's only external I would suspect the CSS issue above.  Do you have call manager traces (detailed) from a problem call we could take a look at?

Hi,

I have ran into a similar situation, The CTI route point and CTI ports are registered, but I get a busy tone when I call the CTI Route point and CTI_Ports. I checked with CSS, and I can confirm the dialed number is landing on the CTI route point. Similar issue is happening on the AA as well.

I also did a DNA on the voice mail number and it routed successfully.

I am currently running on CUCM -8.6.2.20000-2 -> Integrated to CUE 8.6.4 which is a ISM-SRE-300-K9 housed on a Cisco 2911 router.

Can you please throw some light on this.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

ricardocucatti
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

Luckly we solved the issue. We noticed that the UCCX 7.1.5 only receive G711 (codec) callings, once we were receiving the calling with G729 we did a transcode to the Route Point and it worked.

Thanks for all..

Regards

Hi,

we are facing the same problem. Can you share how you configure it?

Stephen Tomko
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a CTI Route Point limitation with regards to how many lines were allowed be used on the device. We're using a CTI Route Point going to an Agent PG which sends a label which forwards us on to CVP for call routing, however, it seems that when we go near or around 60 lines on the RP, some of the lines come back with a Busy signal after a 2-5 second delay of silence. Some work, some don't. CTI Manager in RTMT shows all lines associated to the device correctly. When I do a trace on the call in RTMT the error code is 17.

We are on CUCM 8.6.2-20000-2. UCCE is 8.5(3)

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

uccx accept only G711 codec. when you call from a remote site, the codec is g729, due to that the call will fail and get busy signal. you need to configure transcoder and assign it to the media resoue group list for uccx. it will solve your issue.

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: