Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Trigger behavior with Shared Line Appearances

pwallace2500
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Lets say I have 5 phones with a common Shared Line Appearance on each one with the "Busy Trigger" line setting on the line of each device set to 1.

Now a call comes in to the SLA and it rings on all five phones and someone picks it up on one of the five phones.

Now a second call comes in to the same SLA. I want it to ring on the other 4 available phones but if the busy trigger for the first phone is set to 1 would it not trigger the busy action defined on that phone?

My impression is that busy triggers are specific to the lines on a given device.

I think what I need here is for the "Busy Trigger" to be applied to the entire shared line appearance if that makes sense? (ie: The Busy Trigger of "1" should not kick in unless ALL phones in the shared line appearance have 1 call active)

I'd prefer to avoid the "rollover lines" scenario where I have to assign the same shared extension to multiple partitions and use CSS to forward calls from one phone to the next based on busy trigger setting.

What's the best way to do this?

TIA!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Busy Trigger in shared lines are across all the lines so if you have 5 appearances you need to set the Trigger to 5 on all phones- if I remember as there are 5 instances

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Busy Trigger in shared lines are across all the lines so if you have 5 appearances you need to set the Trigger to 5 on all phones- if I remember as there are 5 instances

Thanks for the quick response!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: