Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy trigger for Cisco Phone 8941 und 8945

martin1.plank
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is there any chance to set the line-parameter "Busy-Trigger" smaller than 2.

With CUCM 8.5 und 7.1.5 you can set the value to 2. We need to change it to 1.

So I need some help!!!

Regards

Martin

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what I've found that's expected and WAD if your phone is running SCCP 9.1(1).

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi

we use 9.1.2(SCCP 9-1-2-00)

and ther is:

Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device SEP503DE57D7054
Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Triggers per Line are:
Maximum Number of Calls3
Busy Trigger2

in grey and we can't change it!

Martin

The bug never mentioned it was going to be fixed for the time being (they considered it WAD), most likely in a future release or when the new CUCM release comes out you'll be able to change the fields

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

with a new device-pakage it should work. but till september we couldn't get it

Hi,

What bug ID were you talking about in your post? Do you happen to know whether anything has been changed over the last 6 months or is this still working as designed? The firmware release notes do not contain any information regarding Busy Trigger / Maximum Number of Calls and the Admin Guide still says

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/8_5/english/admin_guide/8941_8945adm851.html

The Cisco Unified IP phones 8941 and 8945 support three calls per line. Cisco Unified CM sets the Maximum Number of Calls (MNC) per line to 3 and Busy Trigger (BT) per line to 2 and these fields cannot be changed. When there is no call on the line, the user can make or receive a new call. When there is one call on the line, the user can make a consultation call (Transfer or Conference) and receive another call. When there are two calls on the line, then the user can make only a consultation call.

Thanks

/David

schemberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

we use it with German locale ... so it should be possible with french also. You have to have installed the newest phone locale, do you?

Regards

Axel

p.s. We use 7.1.5

Fabian.Flamme
Level 1
Level 1

So, 9.2(3) is out but still no possibility to change the busy trigger field.

We use 8.5.1

Any ideas?

Regards

Fabian

I know and we already use 9.2.3 but I cannot change the value of max calls/busy trigger. We need busy trigger set to 1, but the value cannot be modified - see screenshot:

Fabian

hi Fabian,

Check CSCtq94796.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

I already read this bug post. But it doesn't solve my problem. We have installed 9.2(3) which is newer than 9.2(2).

But we cannot change the value of max calls/busy trigger. Could it be our version of Call Manager which is 8.5.1?

With 9.2(2) we had the same appearance.

Thanks

Fabian

Hmm, soething is not right, perhaps it did not istall properly, or you can try rebooting the publisher.

From release notes anything greater than 7.1.5 should be fine:

Multiple Calls Per Line

The Cisco Unified IP Phones 8941 and 8945 now support Multiple Calls Per Line.

Each line can support multiple calls. By default, the Cisco Unified IP  Phones 8941 and 8945 support four active calls per line, and a maximum  of 24 active calls per line. Only one call can be connected at any time;  other calls are automatically placed on hold.

The system allows you to configure the maximum calls/busy trigger to not  more than 24/24 both for SCCP and SIP. The default call/busy trigger  value is 4/2.

This feature is supported on both SIP and SCCP phones, with Unified CM 7.1(5) and later.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for reply.

We already rebooted the publisher after installing the device pack. The bug is not limited to only one device, all our 8945 are affected.

Fabian

hi Fabian,

I  tested this in the lab with the same callmanager ver 8.5.1 with the firmware 9.2.2  on 8945 and  I am able to set the busy trigger and  max calls to 1.

So it seems that  you are having an issue  only at your end.

-the way  I installed the firmware 9.2.2  was to first install  the qed file  for 9.2.2 and then the  firmware 9.2.2 .

Could you give the above method a  try.

Thanks,

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: