Views
Helpful
Replies

Buttons (Redial , New Call, CFwdALL ) greyout - phone 7945

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I got a weird issue -   One Cisco phone 7945, shows all buttons (Redial , New Call,  CFwdALL)  greyout.

I tried supercopy another 7945 and got the same problem.    Looks not phone or firmware issue.

What configuration I need to change?

(I tried  to update "phone button template" ,  looks it doesn't make a difference)

============================

While I press any one of Redial , New Call,  CFwdALL , the phone LCD shows " that key is not active here "

=============================

Your help is much appreciated.

Master001

9 Replies 9

Do you have a DN on the phone? I would expect Redial, New Call, and CFwdALL to be greyed out if there is no line to use them on.

"Phone Button Template" is for the line button layout. "Softkey Template" is for Redial, New Call, CFwdALL, etc. (called soft keys because they change based on current status).

-Jameson

-Jameson

thanks for the info.   There is a DN on the phone, no issue with inbound and outbound call.

Any other thoughts?    

Master001

As I mentioned, those buttons are controlled by the Softkey Template. You can try changing that. However, I suspect that is not the culprit as you definitely see the buttons, they just sound like they're disabled.

Check to see if there is a Feature Control Policy applied to the phone. This would be part of the Common Phone Profile on the phone.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Softkey template was looked into previously and updated, feature Control Policy also checked, still no progress.   

While I press any one of Redial , New Call,  CFwdALL softkeys , the phone LCD shows " that key is not active here "

I use a spare phone and tested with supercopy, could duplicate the issue.      Root cause? Solution?   

Master001

From RTMT please share the traces when you press a newcall softkey. Are you using SIP or SCCP for 7945

I did a quick fix - use spare phone to add the same DN line to it,  issue resolved.

the traces...   just curious, what message we should capture/look at.    It is SCCP phone.

master001

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I would want to re-add / configure the phone. Most preferably after a Factory Reset of the phone (or Firmware upgrade if that is possible) and see if the issue re-appears.

I have seen some of the weirdest issues go away, once  factory reset has been completed successfully.

HTH

Juan Pereyra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I, too, had this same issue. I picked up the handset and the softkeys were no longer grayed out. So i suspected the speakerphone. I checked for any speakerphone settings on the device page and noticed that the Speakerphone was disabled under the section - Product Specific Configuration Layout.

Once I checked it off, problem went away.

-Juan

Thanks this helped. on 79XX Models the options were grayed out while on new 78XX Models options were not visible. Just enable the speaker the option will come back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: