Helpful
Replies

Call alerting on Hunt group as shared line

mar1us_CS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gents,

First ,I have  CUCM 10.5.

I was asked to configure a hunt group for 5 users and set it so up ,to make the difference between an inbound call for the Hunt

Group itself and a inbound call for any of the members of the Hunt Group.

I was thinking to put the Hunt Group DN as a shared line on all the members of the group,so every member has a 2nd line on their

phones right now.

I did it like this ,but I have the following behavior :

- call comes to the user itself, the corespondent line button light is signaling the call which is fine,btw

- call comes to the Hunt Group,but instead of the hunt group line button signaling,call appears on the 1st line,although it says

under the Caller ID "For Hunt group..."

So, in case of a missed call, I cannot see if the call was for the Hunt Group or for a member of the Hunt Group.

My question is ,why is the call does not appear on the 2nd line, where the Hunt Group DN is configured as shared line ?

Is it the way it should be or am I doing something wrong ?

Many thanks for your help.

16 Replies 16

Your welcome!

please rate the answer that was helpful.

thanks.

Hey Mar1us,

With our current configuration, end users are required to dial 9 to make an outside call.

An option would be to prefix the 9 in front of the caller ID  coming from the hunt group, which would allow the call taker to determine if it was from the hunt group or not and call  from the call log without editing.

this would only work on local calls In our environment because a long distance call at our location requires a 91.